Saturday, January 17, 2009

Don't Die There

The other day I had to actually go into the bank. I gave Benton the privileged/responsibility of waiting for me in the waiting area. He did great at first, then I looked over and he was sprawled across the floor on his stomach.
Me: (in a violent whisper) What are you doing?
Benton: I'm pretending to be dead.
Me: (still whispering violently) Come here, right now.
He obeyed. I bent to his level and recognizing his need to pretend, but also recognizing the need for my son to properly comport himself in public, I said quite firmly,
Benton, if you are going to die, die in a chair like a civilized person.

2 comments:

Cathy said...

That is hilarious!! I pictured the whole thing in action. Too, too funny! I needed that laugh. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Just now read this it is so funny. I can see it all now. The one about whatever sneaked out of your pants when you were cleaning up toys is just tooo good.